How many time have you felt like giving up or quitting homeschooling? Me~ A lot!
Though I know that homeschooling our children is the best for our family until God directs us otherwise, there have been days when I have wanted to quit:
1. One day a month when PMS is raging
2. Every February in the midst of the winter
The times that encourage me to continue homeschooling far outway the previously mentioned:
1. When we just sit and discuss a spiritual/biblical issue uninterupted
2. When my daughter and I have incredible laughing moments (almost daily)
3. When my daughter gets engrossed in a book for hours
4. When my dd makes and educational connection (aha moment!)
5. When we take family vacations any time of the year :-)
6. When I see spiritual/emotional growth in my daughter
8. The daily news: child abductions, school bomb threats, school bus accidents...
I'm sure that I can name plenty more... Be encouraged!
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest, you must - but don't you quit
Life is queer with its twists and turns
As everyone of us sometimes learns
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out
Don't give up, though the pace seems slow
You might succeed with another blow
Success is failure turned inside out, the silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are, It may be near when it seems so far
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
It's when things seem worst, That you MUST NOT QUIT!