Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Power of Words..

Scripture of the day: "But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other; so that ye cannot do the things that ye would." ~ Galatians 15-17

When someone mistreats us, gossips about us, or says unkind things to us, it is very difficult to hold down "fleshly" responses.

Recently, I had a situation arise where someone's said some things that were quite unkind--okay very unkind, and it came as a shock. I didn't know how to respond or what to say. Initially, my first response was to say unkind things also, but I didn't. I couldn't . I was deeply hurt. It actually took me a few days to get over the shock.

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." ~ Proverbs 18:21

Words are powerful. They resonate in a person's mind for years to follow. Whether the words are good or bad. It is important as Christians, that we keep this at the forefront of our minds. Let our words be encouraging, and let us speak blessings upon all those that we come in contact with.

As we live this life for Christ, these types of challenges will face us more that we'd like to admit. However, I find comfort in God's Word. His Word is the Truth and it will set us free.

2 comments:

Randi said...

You are so encouraging, Mikki. I love that you always back up what you say with God's word!

Crunchepillar said...

Great post thankyou