Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Spring Days....

Quote for today: " If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant. If we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." Anne Bradstreet (1612?-1672) US poet

What a beautiful spring day!! The spring sun is shining and the birds are singing their songs. Oh, how I long for these days after the bitter days of winter.

Isn't it funny how as human beings, we are never satisfied. When it's spring we want summer, so we can hit the beach. After a few weeks of 80-90 degree weather and the cars and central air are overworked, we long for autumn days. Autumn is beautiful with the leaves and all, but we then long for the holiday festivities and the snow so the kids can play and we can ski. After the holiday energy has diminished and our New Year's resolutions have failed (mid Jan.), we long for spring.--I'm exaggerating, but there's truth to this that can be applied to many parts of our lives.

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have; for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." ~ Hebrews 13:5

I will enjoy this beautiful spring day. I will also thank God for each new day that He allows me to see, be it spring, summer, winter or fall --knowing that He is with me through them all......

No comments: